Saturday, June 11, 2011

Key Lime Tarts

I found the recipe for this Delicious dessert over at one of my new favorite blogs OUR BEST BITES!  As soon as I saw them I knew I had to try them.  I love key lime. 

Doesn't this just make you want to grab a fork or spoon?

Here is what you need:

5 egg yolks
1 - 14 ounce condensed milk
limes for lime juice(took me 4 limes)
mini graham cracker pie crust (found by regular graham cracker crust)

Here is what to do ~

Preheat your oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl beat 5 egg yolks, add in can of sweetened condensed milk ( you know it has to be good with sweetened condensed milk MMM)
Then mix in your lime juice.  This was the step I didn't like juicing all of them limes Ha.  But so worth it. I spilt some of my precious juice so it took me 4 limes.  I think you could get away with 3 if your not clumsy like me. Mix it all together and pour it into your pie shells.

Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

getting ready to bake them
coming out of the oven

Let cool off and then refrigerate.  Serve with I just use regular cool whip.  There is a recipe for your own at Our Best Bites

Wasn't that super easy.  You can add green food coloring if you'd like.  I did Not do that.  But I love them.  Can't wait to make these to take somewhere and share.  Who doesn't want their own little mini pie?  I love taking a LOVED food to an event don't you?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! Hey- come on over and join our favorite things linky party!

    www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have a recipe I was wanting to use the small pie shells for...I need to look for those at the grocery. Thanks for reminding me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Doesn't this just make you want to grab a fork or spoon?"

    Yes! I may have damaged my computer screen just a little trying to sneak a bite! I'm seriously inspired!

    Following you from the 'Sundae' blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious!! I'm visiting from the blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you followed me back at http://organicplanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete