Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wordless Wednesday 4/13

enjoying a blue slushie at the Alligator Farm he loves these things!

A recipe for  Blue Berry  Slush from taste of home

Ingredients


1 package (3 ounces) berry blue or raspberry gelatin

2 cups boiling water

2 cups sugar

1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice

2 liters ginger ale

4-1/2 cups cold water

1 cup lemon juice

Blue or red liquid food coloring, optional

Fresh raspberries, blueberries and star fruit, optional

Directions

In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, water and lemon juice. Add food coloring if desired. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Stir until mixture is slushy. Serve in a chilled glass. For garnish, thread fruit on wooden skewers if desired. Serve immediately Yield: 5 quarts.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! I'll have to try making one for my boy's and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love slushies...hate the mess. But that's part of it! I'll have top make these...the smiles I will get are worth the mess. Thanks for checking out my Wordless Wednesday. Just starting out. Hopefully next week I'll get at least 1 more linky. I dread dread dread planning dinners. Looks like I'll be visiting this blog OFTEN! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to file this away for the summer. My boys will love it!

    Thanks for visiting me and sharing your link. :o)

    Lisa @All That and a Box of Rocks

    ReplyDelete