Saturday, April 16, 2011

Turtle Cupcakes

C's best pal H loves turtles so we recently made turtle cupcakes for a play date snack.  Pretty easy and I think they turned out cute.  Definitely cute enough for 2 year olds .  They ate them up but they specially liked the marshmallow shells.

OK so I saw these somewhere on face book a week or two ago but when I went back I could not find them to save me and give credit.  So, if the idea was yours send me your link and I'll be glad to give you credit here.

The recipe I saw used green gum drops I could not find them on my shopping trip except in a mixed bag so I made up my own clever idea and used marshmallows.  We just dyed them with food coloring which the boys liked anyway.

I just made up a regular white cake mix and added green food coloring to the batter. Baked, then iced with regular store bought white icing.  Can't get easier than this really.

One Reese cup in the middle of cupcake for shell.
Then we took marshmallows, put them in a zip lock bag after cutting in half.  A few drops of food coloring and shake shake shake.  Then set them out on a paper towel for a few minutes or plate to king of dry.  Then they are ready to go on your cupcake. 

That's it Easy Easy.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy! I can see why your Little Bit loved these :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the follow - I'm following you as well. Also don't forget to check out my caption contest which runs through the end of April - the link is here:

    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/04/calling-for-captions.htm

    ReplyDelete