Friday, March 5, 2010

PB Jam Muffins

I made these for my middle son who lives off of peanut butter and  grape jelly sandwichs.  He wasnt overly impressed but I thought they were real good.  Not sure whose blog I found this recipe on, but I do appreciate them sharing. Thanks guys.

1-3/4 cups flour


2/3 cup brown sugar

2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 cup milk

2/3 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 egg

1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

jam or jelly, any flavor

Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. In a mixer bowl, beat together the milk, peanut butter, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a spoon. (I needed to add another splash of milk at this point, because the batter was too dry and stiff.)



Grease a muffin tin. Put a tablespoon or two of the batter into each cup. Add a teaspoon of jam to the top. Put more batter over the jam to cover it. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment